As traditional methods of marketing through newspaper, radio, television and direct mail become less and less effective, businesses are turning to social media channels to connect with consumers. A business is now able to target the consumers they want, the demographic area, age groups and personal interests.
Firstly you need to participate in social media channels, constantly delivering value to online community groups, you can do this by:
- Re-posting other people’s content that you found inspiring or of value
- When people react to your post, like them, engage in comments
- Join in conversations with others, share your knowledge
- These engagements don’t have to be related to your business, you are building trust
- Publish blogs that you have written, educating and entertaining people on your skills
- Read what others are saying and research, there are a lot of gems out there
- Ask questions, draw people in to interact with you
- Build your audience, join groups, accept friend requests, post daily
Social media has changed the way businesses are connecting, communicating and collaborating with their customers, it still shocks me the amount of big businesses that don’t know how to get momentum with their consumers.
Turn-offs that so many company’s do:
- Static sale image with text
- Video with someone talking to you
- Telling consumers what the product/service does
- Strong action words – buy now, limited time
- No clear call to action button or link
The sad thing is that some of these companies are paying big money for a ‘Digital Social Media’ guru. The universities, education sectors are not teaching how to engage properly only because it is new-ish and evolving.
I will use a hotel for an example that shows up in my Facebook feed constantly with a picture and the same orange button with basically the same text from the previous 10 ads. My eyes don’t even look at the ads now, it could say $1 for 10 nights in Hawaii and I would miss it.
This company is not engaging at all with their audience, which is large. They need to put some fun things up for example this:
And with this type of industry the list could go on and on, you would build a relationship with your subscribers, it wouldn’t be long before they were asking the questions that you can build fun videos with the answers.
If you are still not convinced here are some solid facts just for Facebook alone:
- 1.19 Billion users
- Increased exposure
- Gather leads
- Lower marketing expenses
- Reach your target market
- Use Facebooks free insights
- Build brand trust
- Boost SEO
- Increase web traffic
If you would like to contact Spider Webby Design concerning your Social Media presence, contact us anytime.